Thunderbird question

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 5 03:59:55 UTC 2015

On 07/04/15 20:15, jd1008 wrote:
> On 07/04/2015 05:55 PM, g wrote:
>> On 07|--04|--15 14:56, jd1008 wrote:
>>> Many emails in my Inbox no longer display.
>> what is displayed is set by select in main menu bar;
>>
>>     View > Folders > [X] All
>>
>> also, in main menu, you can select;
>>
>>     Edit > [account name] > Server Settings > Server Settings
>>
>>    [X] Leave messages on server
>>       [ ] For at most [   ] days
>>       [X] Until I delete them
>>
>> this will leave emails on server for you to periodically log into your
>> account and delete old emails.
>
> These are indeed the current settings.
.
then you have lost nothing because old emails are still on server.

>>> I mean I can see the emails listed in chronological order from oldest at
>>> top to newest at bottom.
>> order of display is set by select in main menu bar;
>>
>>     View > Sort by > { personal selections }
>
> I always keep that sort by date, such that most recent is at bottom.
.
most logical order.

your choice, as is for myself and most others.

<<>>

> Non of my subfolders are under Inbox.
.
this is good as long as you do not have top folder receiving emails.

>> after you have new tree set up, create filters to move emails to proper
>> subfolders.
>
> This is a good idea if I can filter by sender. I will look into it.
.
in selecting what to filter, the sender is selected with "From".

     View > Sort by > From

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6