F22: rebooting to emergency mode

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jul 6 02:46:52 UTC 2015

Well I don't see any problems there. If you have a backup of the
contents of /var/log/journal, then you can point journalctl to it with
-D and see if anything weird was happening before the failure. You can
use -r to reverse the log, so as you scroll it goes backwards in time.
You can also filter it

grep ERR
grep UNC
grep -i error
grep -i sector

If you get a hit you'll need to note the time stamp and then pick some
time maybe 5 minutes before and plug that into --since

journalctl -since="2015-07-05 13:00:00"

And scroll until you find some instigator or at least the first part
of what will probably be multiple error lines. Assuming the problems
were written in the journal of course.

If there's nothing or the journals are gone or corrupt - > There is a
way to point systemd-journald's journal to another computer. I haven't
done that so I can't tell you how. But it might be worth setting that
up now so that if/when this problem happens again, you'll have logs of
the problem.

Chris Murphy