Replacing cpu

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 03:22:16 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 08:54 PM, g wrote:

> On 07/06/15 21:13, jd1008 wrote:
> <<>>
>
>> So, I took out the new cpu, and put back in the old cpu.
>> Fedora booted just fine - All is working  - but of course,
>> it still freezes or panics after a few minutes (2 - 5 minutes).
>>
>> So, I contacted the Ebay seller
>> <http://www.ebay.com/usr/rakicomputers?_trksid=p2047675.l2559>rakicomputers
>> and reported the issue.
>> The seller first told me something wrong with my laptop.
>> So I replied that the old cpu still boots just fine - until it gets too hot
>> and the it freezes or crashes.
>> The seller did not respond.
>> "g" had replied once that I should find a reputable seller.
>> Well, this seller seemed to have a high rating on ebay.
>> S/he is a gold ribbon Top Rated Plus  seller, with 99.9% satisfaction.
> so how does it feel to be among the 0.1%?
>
>    1- contact ebay's complaint department, file a complaint
>        with them.
>    2- if paid by credit card, call their complaint department,
>        file a complaint with them.

I plan to do both :)
This is why I use AmEx.
They fully refund for merchandise that does not work.
They are able to extract that from the merchant.
Don't ask me how :) They have done it for me before.
But B 4 I resort to AmEX, I will first try Ebay problem
resolution. Failing that, I will talk to AmEx.