dnf command to download

Radek Holy rholy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 08:36:29 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It depends on your use case.

If you want to use plugins of the regular DNF, just install "dnf-plugins-core" (no need to choose between python*-dnf-plugins-core).

If you need the plugins to be available from a particular Python version, install the appropriate python*-dnf-plugins-core package. But since these plugins does not provide any API and the plugins are not accessible from DNF's API, there is probably no good use case.

Well, "python3-dnf" on Fedora < 23 and "python-dnf" on Fedora >= 23 provides an experimental binary ("/usr/bin/dnf-3" and "/usr/bin/dnf-2" respectively) which allows you to test DNF with the Python version which is not the default in the given Fedora. If you want to test plugins with these, then you need to install "python3-dnf-plugins-core" on Fedora < 23 and "python-dnf-plugins-core" on Fedora >= 23.
--
Radek HolĂ˝
Associate Software Engineer