OT Password problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 8 21:47:20 UTC 2015

I bought a used Dell Latitude E4310 that I want to replace Windows7 on
with Fedora-22. Unfortunately the BIOS is locked and I do not have the
admin password for it. A phone call to Dell was unproductive and none of
the passwords offered in an on-line application work. Does anyone know
what I can do to access this computer. I can return it, bought through
Newegg, but it looks good so far, in new condition and the price is
right. It even has a working battery.

I considered opening it and removing the bios battery which I assume
would return it to the default conditions which I believe is no password
set.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Bob

--