OT Password problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 9 20:52:59 UTC 2015

On 09/07/15 13:16, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> With no previous experience? Probably not. Now? I'd... be "very
> cautious" about buying a refurbished computer. Especially from someone
> that deals in "used" computers.
>
> You're probably better off buying from an honest individual making a
> one-time sale, actually. (The problem there of course is knowing whether
> or not the individual*is*  honest.)

My experience has been different. I bought a motherboard from Craig's
list from a local, It worked for a couple of weeks and died, refused to
complete the POST. He didn't want to hear about it, it was as is I
guess. Computers I've bought on-line from dealers specializing in used
equipment have always worked and held up long enough for me to want to
replace them with something newer. They have even settled problems with
a phone call.

Today's problem is solved. I e-mailed them this morning and they
responded this afternoon. The dealer support guy [ZoomUsa] requested the
system number, I provided it, and he immediately returned the password
required with the necessary instructions. Problem solved within 24 hours
of receiving the equipment! Now I can install Fedora on it.

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD