OT Password problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 9 21:19:29 UTC 2015

On 09/07/15 13:08, g wrote:
> win7 has a recovery process that will build 3 dvd's to restore system.
>
> to access it, press the 'windows' key, the key with the windows logo,
> in the bottom left entry bar, [ Search programs and files ] enter the
> word:  recovery  press <enter>.
>
> you will then see a window with;
>
>     Programs (2)
>       Recovery Media Creator
>       Recovery Media Creator Help
>
> click on:   Recovery Media Creator
>
> follow instructions in the:   Recovery Media Creator   window.
>
> this must be run as 'Administrator'.

I will look at this procedure, but three DVD's to restore Windows7?

I'm not sure it's worth that, and what does restore mean, would I have a
copy I could install in a VM in a different computer or does it only
restore using a "hidden" file on the original computer? Sounds iffy ...

For me Fedora running from a flash drive is a joy to use compared to the
installed Windows7. Even the touch pad works better and I didn't think I
could manage without a track ball.

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA