OT Password problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Jul 10 17:00:03 UTC 2015

On 10/07/15 12:42, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/10/2015 07:33 AM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> probably have a more benign reason (maybe to stop people that don't know
>> what they're doing from accidentally bricking their machines).
>
> That's no excuse.  Once you've paid for the machine and received it,
> what you do with it is none of their business.

.

Yes and these are used computers, I'm not surprised that something like
a BIOS password might get through any quality testing that might be
done. It worked as the typical user might expect and probably would
never be a problem for him.

I dumped Windows7 and installed Fedora 22 this morning and it works
well, I am satisfied ...

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA