GNOME applications do not respect the chosen XFCE style

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jul 12 04:10:05 UTC 2015

On 07/11/2015 07:02 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:36:17 +0100
> Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am running XFCE on Fedora 22. And my problem is that the GNOME
>> applications does not obey to the windows style I have chosen for XFCE
>> applications. Any idea how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> Xfce is gtk2 based, most gnome3 applications are gtk3 based.
>
> Setting a gtk2 theme won't change any gtk3 apps.
> So, make sure you have a gtk3 based them to set them to.
Could you be more verbose. What exactly are people supposed to install
and which themes/settinga are known to work?

At least I have not been able to find any xfce/gtk2/gtk3 theme combo
which harmonizes well with gnome3-apps under xfce on fc22 and deserves
to be named "functional".

IMO, it's all an annoying and dysfunctional mess.

Ralf