Fedora21/22 grub doesn't recognize my raid1/LVM partitions

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jul 12 14:41:10 UTC 2015

There are messages in the storage.log about md126 and md127 being
degraded. That would be a problem for discovering anything on those,
even if they come up OK degraded, Anaconda won't install to degraded
arrays. But I also don't know what messages you get about this, it
should give an error message rather than silently fail.

Two things to update the bug with. What live media installer does see
this correctly? Was it Fedora 20 or Fedora 21? Or both? And then also,
if you boot the Fedora 22 Workstation (live) media, launch the
installer, go to custom partitioning, drop to shell - capture:

cat /proc/mdstat > mdstat.txt
mdadm -Dv /dev/md126 > md126.txt
mdadm -Dv /dev/md127 > md127.txt
journalctl -b -l -o short-monotonic > journal.log

scp those off machine or cp elsewhere and attach those to the bug too.
For the mdadm commands, make sure you use the md device designation
returned by the first command. I'm pretty sure it'll be md126 and
md127 again, but I suppose that could change on subsequent boots.

Chris Murphy