Fedora-22 KDE panel

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jul 14 12:19:03 UTC 2015

I've just installed Fedora-22 from a Fedora-22 Live KDE usb stick.
After dnf-installing a few packages, most things seem to be working,
but I'm puzzled by the apparent lack of a panel,
or if the bar at the top with Activities and Time are the panel
then I'm puzzled by the lack of icons  in the panel.

I read advice to right-click in the panel,
but if this is the panel that has no effect.

Also I miss the multiple desktops I had in Fedora-21 KDE.
Have these been abolished in Plasma-5?

A very ignorant question - I see everyone refers to KDE Plasma.
Is there in fact another non-Plasma version of KDE
that one could run under Fedora?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net