rpmbuild error in F22 (looking for desktop file)

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Wed Jul 15 04:55:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:35:24 -0500
Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

> So, from what I understood from your suggestions, I should look at:
>
> /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/typhoon-0.8.9.4-1.fc22.x86_64/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/typhoon-0.8.94-py2.7.egg-info
>
> So, that is what I did but I can not see what the files are that it
> wants. (I still can not see the desktop stuff.)
>
> $ more typhoon-0.8.94-py2.7.egg-info
> Metadata-Version: 1.1
> Name: typhoon
> Version: 0.8.94
> Author: Archisman Panigrahi
> Author-email: apandada1 at gmail.com
> License: GPL-3
> It is contin uation of discontinued Stormcloud 1.1 ,however with some
> changes. It is and alwa ys will be
> free.
>   PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~apandada1/+archive/typhoon/
>        Homepage: http://gettyphoon.tk/
> Platform: UNKNOWN
> Requires: gi.repository.GObject
> Requires: gi.repository.Gio
> Requires: gi.repository.Gtk
> Requires: gi.repository.Unity
> Requires: gi.repository.WebKit
> Provides: typhoon
> Provides: typhoon_lib
>
> Where is any mention to desktop?

I would guess that it would be part of the Requires: specs.
Unity is probably a desktop for Ubuntu. Gtk for other desktops?
Possibly GObject for Gnome?

You've exhausted my small store of knowledge.

> > You can then put shell commands in the spec file to create dummy
> > files where they are expected using something like touch.  Or you
> > can patch the source to create them with real information, from a
> > currently running version, for example. That will allow rpmbuild to
> > find the files it wants, and create the rpms.
>
> I guess it might be helpful to know the difference between a desktop
> and a desktop.in file. Could someone please tell me about this
> difference?

I can't help with this.  Do you have a currently installed version of
this package that you can consult?  rpm -q --files [package name]