the akmod-nvidia will not work under kernel with version 4.0.7 for Fedora22

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jul 15 12:13:38 UTC 2015

On 07/13/15 20:43, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 18:38 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 07/13/15 17:27, Jean Jacques wrote:
>>> will not generated an module for kernel but works well under 4.0.6
>>>
>> I see you got your answer on the rpmfusion list.
>>
>> When you have a problem with akmods you can check
>> /var/cache/akmods/akmods.log for information about what when wrong.
> Same thing happened to me. I fixed it by checking the log and rerunning
> the modulebuild script manually.

Just to add to this....   Check to see if you have both of these enabled.

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ systemctl is-enabled akmods
enabled
[egreshko at meimei ~]$ systemctl is-enabled akmods-shutdown.service
enabled

I just tested and found that if the modules aren't built/installed during the "dnf update" process they will get built/installed properly during the reboot.

Some have reported that one or both of these services weren't enabled and this probably resulted in their failure.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere