rpmbuild error in F22 (looking for desktop file)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:01:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:59:39 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> So, now with this modified spec file, I am in this predicament now (files not packaged but installed) -- how do I get rid of this problem?
>

> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

Well, obviously you need to edit the %files section of the spec file
and add as many entries as necessary to include (or exclude) in the
package what is found in the buildroot. That's:

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-files-list.html
  and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#File_and_Directory_Ownership