Windows 8 Dual boot lost after Fedora upgrade

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jul 15 21:25:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Fred Smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> Yews, I believe that is correct. But just to save yourself some grief, make sure
> that ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs are installed BEFORE you do that.

ntfs-3g is included by default in Fedora Workstation, but it's not
needed on UEFI installs for os-prober to find the Windows bootloader
because it's located on the FAT 32 EFI System partition. On BIOS
systems, the Windows bootloader is on an NTFS volume, hence the
dependency on ntfs-3g. And ntfsprogs is deprecated since Fedora 15.

--
Chris Murphy