Clone a system to an encrypted drive

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jul 16 02:57:56 UTC 2015

The gist is:

cryptsetup, you can use the defaults which uses aes-xts-plain64 with a
256 bit key. I like the -y and -v options.

You'll need to create or modify the /etc/crypttab file, which takes the form of:
<anyname> <uuid> none

The name can be anything but I do it the anaconda way which is
luks-<uuid> and then <uuid> is the LUKS UUID reported by blkid.

Use that same UUID in the form rd.luks=UUID=<uuid> as a boot parameter
in /etc/default/grub and then grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
or
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
as the case may be if you have a UEFI system

And finally, the fstab entry is created the same as if it weren't
encrypted, you still use the fs volume UUID as reported by blkid.

And since i have it handy, the rsync command anaconda uses is:

rsync -pogAXtlHrDx

Chris Murphy