thunderbird+enigmail issue on fedora 21

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Thu Jul 16 10:20:46 UTC 2015

Le 15/07/2015 16:16, Ed Greshko a écrit :
> On 07/15/15 21:40, François Patte wrote:

>>> is the key assigned to the right user that is sending the
>>> email??
>> Of course! And I have absolutely no problem to use enigmail (and
>> TB) on a debian install (with same /home, and thus same account for
>> me...)
>>
> Are you saying you're dual booting and using the same home directory
> in both?

Yes! That's what I am saying.

> Has this worked before, or a new problem?

This is a new problem! I used to transfert the same /home directory
since ages when I install a new distro (or update one).

*BUT* I cannot make any test on fresh account *because it is now
impossible to configure my mail account on thunderbird*:

1st it ask me if I want a mail account at Gandhi's NO

2nd I enter my own mail address (that I have been using for 20 years,
the one which I use to send this mail...) And it checks something then
conclude that it does not exist in its databases and I can go to hell!!!

When do people will stop to "help" with such fu... tools??

I am wasting my time because some people somewhere have a small brain
and cannot imagine that other people know what they are doing!!!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique