Fedora-22 perfect (almost)

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Jul 16 14:13:45 UTC 2015

Having re-installed Fedora-22/KDE after a disastrous mis-installation
(thanks for the help, Ed and Chris),
everything is as it was under Fedora-21, with one tiny loss,
to do with adding applications to the panel.
I can add most applications by the curious process
of right-clicking on the K-icon, going to Alternatives
and switching to Application Menu -
I can then go to the application in the Application menu
and click on "Add to Panel".
Then I switch back.
Is this a bug, or a curious "improvement"?

In any case, what this does not allow me to do - as I could -
is add to the panel an item I have created by right-clicking on the K-icon
then on Edit Applications.
(These are mainly buttons I have created to ssh into remote hosts.)

This is only a tiny inconvenience -
I can still add the item to my Favorites,
so it just takes an extra click to go to the remote host.
But if I could complete the task I would be completely happy.

One other small problem is that it seems much harder
to paste text from the Clipboard.
Have other people experienced this?

Otherwise the display seems to me to be a little clearer
(and dnf is definitely considerably faster than yum).

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net