thunderbird+enigmail issue on fedora 21

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Thu Jul 16 16:40:27 UTC 2015

Le 16/07/2015 13:21, Ed Greshko a écrit :
> On 07/16/15 18:20, François Patte wrote:

>>> Are you saying you're dual booting and using the same home
>>> directory in both?
>> Yes! That's what I am saying.
>>
>>> Has this worked before, or a new problem?
>> This is a new problem! I used to transfert the same /home
>> directory since ages when I install a new distro (or update one).
>>
>> *BUT* I cannot make any test on fresh account *because it is now
>> impossible to configure my mail account on thunderbird*:
>>
>> 1st it ask me if I want a mail account at Gandhi's NO
>>
>> 2nd I enter my own mail address (that I have been using for 20
>> years, the one which I use to send this mail...) And it checks
>> something then conclude that it does not exist in its databases and
>> I can go to hell!!!
>>

>> When do people will stop to "help" with such fu... tools??
>>
>> I am wasting my time because some people somewhere have a small
>> brain and cannot imagine that other people know what they are
>> doing!!!
>>

> Focusing on the Thunderbird problem to begin with.....
>
> As I understand it, Debian doesn't enable/use selinux by default.
> You have to do some enabling when you install or maybe it can be done
> later.
>
> So, when you use T-Bird and enigmail under Fedora you may be running
> into a selinux issue.

I don't think so: I have disabled selinux

> I would check to see if the .gnupg is labeled correctly it should
> look like this....
>
> [egreshko at meimei ~]$ ls -Zd .gnupg
> unconfined_u:object_r:gpg_secret_t:s0 .gnupg

I  get a ? :

]$ ls -Zd .gnupg
drwx------ fp ufr ?                                .gnupg

What does that mean? -Z flag is not in the man pages...

> And the files within the same.
>
> I would also check /var/log/audit/audit.log for any AVC records being
> generated when T-Bird + enigmail is used.

What is reported in this file? And what should I have to search for?

Thanks for your answers.

> As for you other issue with setting up a mail profile....you should
> still be able to manually configure your old email service.  There is
> a button for that, I just don't recall when/where it is at the
> moment.

I try to manually configure my mail account but I fall back to the same
problem: my university is not in the mozilla databases.... Why do they
make such stupid control?

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique