thunderbird+enigmail issue on fedora 21

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Thu Jul 16 21:27:46 UTC 2015

Le 16/07/2015 22:09, Ed Greshko a écrit :
> On 07/17/15 00:40, François Patte wrote:
>> I don't think so: I have disabled selinux
>
> I am sure you didn't disable it in Fedora.  But it probably is
> disabled in Debian.

I did! Because selinux sent a lot of error messages and no information
about how to avoid them...

> If that is the case then there will be conflicts with files and
> how they are created and such since Debian will most likely mess
> with the selinux file labels since its filesystem is unable to deal
> with them.

>> I  get a ? :
>>
>> ]$ ls -Zd .gnupg drwx------ fp ufr ? .gnupg
>>
>> What does that mean? -Z flag is not in the man pages...
>
> The Z says to list the selinux contexts.  It would seem yours are
> messed up as I suspected.

So how to recover?

>> What is reported in this file? And what should I have to search
>> for?
>
> grep for the string AVC in that file.

No string AVC:

root at dipankar:~# grep AVC audit/audit.log
root at dipankar:~#

>> Thanks for your answers.
>
> As I mentioned in a second message.  Try using "setenforce 0" and
> then run your tests.  This will put selinux into permissive mode
> and allow things to run if what is happening is as I suspect.

I did. Nothing has changed...

>> I try to manually configure my mail account but I fall back to
>> the same problem: my university is not in the mozilla
>> databases.... Why do they make such stupid control?
>
> To make it easier on the "average" user?  :-)

And forbide to use an email address provider who is not in the mozilla
databases?

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique