Mouse wheel acceleration problem

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sun Jul 19 08:44:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

after updating F21->F22, I noticed immediately that the mouse wheel
has got some nasty acceleration. Example: I open a large pdf
document, and as soon as I begin to scroll, I'm on the last
page. After that, scrolling works at normal speed. The same happens
when scrolling a website in Firefox: at first wheel action the scroll
speed is extremely high, and at the next touch, all is back to normal.

This behaviour is driving me insane, and I could't find a solution so far.
Is it something with XFCE, Xorg, whatever? I don't know.

Is anybody here encountering the same phenomenon, and what to do about
it?

What I know so far is that it came with the F22 update.

Thanks,
 Heinz