Disk partition

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 19 18:36:28 UTC 2015

On 07/19/15 13:15, Robert Nichols wrote:
> On 07/19/2015 04:56 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> I have a disk that I would like to modify the partition table.
>> Right now it has 18 partitions.
>> I would like to keep the partitions 1 to 6, 8, 9 and 14 to 18 unchanged
>> and I would like to reorganize the other ones partitions:
>> 7, 10 to 13, for example the 10 to 13 would become only 2.
>> Can I keep the numbering of the partitions that I wish to keep the
>> same?
>
> Logical partitions within the extended partition will always be
> numbered consecutively starting with 5. If you delete or merge
> some logical partitions, all of the higher partition numbers will
> shift down.

if you can post a mutual site that i can upload a jpg, i would be more
than happy to upload a shot of 'disk utility' showing;

   sdb1        sdb2         sdb3        sdb6        sdb5
   12 GB NTFS  2.1 GB Swap  11 GB ext4  32 GB ext4  23 GB ext4

originally partition was;

   sdb1   sdb2   sdb5   sdb6   sdb7

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6