Building/loading dahdi from asterisk

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 01:21:42 UTC 2015

HI,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 19:21:37 -0400,
>  Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I'm really stuck with getting asterisk started. I've built and install
>> the dahdi asterisk modules, but they don't load automatically on boot.
>>
>> The asterisk-dahdi package includes /etc/rc.d/init.d/dahdi which runs
>> "/bin/systemctl start dahdi.service" but it fails to load the modules.
>
> I have been seeing this for a while, but haven't figured out what change
> caused it.

I figured it out, but it's really weird.

The file /etc/init.d/functions contains a bunch of shell script
functions, of course. However, it runs one of those functions called
strstr() and checks to see if /proc/cmdline contains "rc.debug". If it
doesn't, it returns 1, and apparently the dahdi script doesn't
anticipate that, and just exits.

If someone can confirm my logic is correct, I'll open a bug report. In
the meantime, commenting out that last line of /etc/init.d/functions,
where strstr() is called, fixes it.

#strstr "$(cat /proc/cmdline)" "rc.debug" && set -x

Thanks for any ideas.
Alex