dnf update vs Software Udpates

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:58:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:36:01AM +0200, Maurizio Marini wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:01:37 +0200
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 20:39:36 -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, just did a dnf clean all , and the dnf update and the updates showed up
> > >
> > > Weird.
> >
> > Just some hours before your post I had sent this:
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2015-July/463183.html
>
> Michael is right: all we are a mass of lame
> I have shamed very much reading his answer to me; I have posted w/out RTFM and
> who do not RTFM should be banned like in old good irc times

Unfortunately Michael, this `yum/dnf clean all' business will never go
away.  I remember there was a time on this list, when everytime someone
suggested that, they got corrected.  But all the people who used to do
the correction are tired of repeating themselves, myself included.  It's
a lost cause.

--
Suvayu