rebooting with new kernel

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:55:55 UTC 2015

On 07/19/2015 04:52 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> ok, I got a new kernel today, 8-300 . so I copied the grub.cfg to
> grub.8-300 and did another grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and
> the new grub.cfg is different that what the system made after it
> installed the new kernel.. I am not sure what the difference is..

It looks like you have kernel-debug installed, and that is the default
kernel immediately after an update, but not the default kernel after
running grub2-mkconfig.

I'm not sure why the debug kernel would not run on your system, but
that'd be the place to start looking.  If you're not debugging your
kernel, you could probably just remove the kernel-debug* packages.