GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:17:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:49:16 -0600
jd1008 wrote:

> What are these recovery entries??

If I'm recalling correctly (and I'm probably not :-), this
has something to do with grub acting different if it fails
to boot for some reason. I ran into this a lot on virtual
machines which were supposed to come up automatically, but
"helpful" grub error recovery would disable automatic
booting and leave you in a grub prompt if it wasn't able
to boot properly once, so as soon as a virtual machine
had a problem booting, it would never boot again without
manual intervention (so helpful that was).