SE alert

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:31:46 UTC 2015

On 07/20/2015 12:38 PM, Martin Cigorraga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created the file /.autorelabel (# touch /.autorelabel), set SELinux
> to 'enforcing' and (/etc/sysconfig/selinux) and rebooted.
>
> May be I could do it without rebooting as stated in this question:
> https://serverfault.com/questions/453137/how-can-i-do-an-selinux-filesystem-relabel-without-rebooting-firstbut
> before landind there I was unaware of the 'fixfiles' tool :)
>
> HTH, let us know if not.
>

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 07/20/2015 12:23 PM, Martin Cigorraga wrote:
>     > Hello folks,
>     >
>     > It happened to me too that about a week or so ago SELinux
>     > automatically turned to 'Permissive' with an upgrade of
>     > selinux-related packages, I had to relabel everything to get things
>     > back to its previous state.
>     >
>     > Although I didn't delve in the issue at that moment I will keep
>     an eye
>     > on this issue should it happens again.
>     >
>     > Cheers,
>     > -Martín
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     So how did yo set it back to Enforcing?

After I executed
setenforce Enforcing
touched /.autorelabel and rebooted,
during the reboot, the labeling was taking place, and I saw
3 messages, which I cannot see anywhere in /var/log.
The messages included that plymouthd killed systemd
and that some file or directory in /lib/modules/ had too many
symlinks or some such, and the relabeling died at when it was at about 13%.