SE alert

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:49:19 UTC 2015

On 07/20/2015 01:42 PM, Martin Cigorraga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ~ getenforce
> Enforcing
>
> Please be aware that setenforce will only change the mode SELinux is
> running in. For a permanent change, you have to edit the configuration
> file.

I already stated that /etc/sysconfig/selinux says (and did say when my
system was in permissive mode):

#
$ sudo cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes
are protected.
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

Thus going into permissive mode was not done by me.
As I also stated, this is a fresh install since mid-day, yesterday,
with only yum update bringing in new versions of packages.