Fedora 21 QEMM wont start after update

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jul 21 16:38:57 UTC 2015

Been some time since I did a yum update.  Lots of reasons why it took me
so long.

Anyway, I did work through all the updates, then went to start my qemm
virt system and it is failing, asking me repeatedly for my password.
Details are:

Unable to connect to libvirt.

authentication failed: access denied by policy

Libvirt URI is: qemu:///system

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 963,
in _do_open
     self._backend.open(self._do_creds_password)
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 159, in open
     open_flags)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 105, in
openAuth
     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: authentication failed: access denied by policy

Do I need to reboot first or is this something more than a reboot?