dnf update vs Software Udpates

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:10:10 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 09:36:26PM +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 21.07.2015, Radek Holy wrote:
>
> > IIUUC, this is not completely true. I believe that once both PackageKit and DNF are integrated with the new CAShe [1], we will *be able* to improve this situation [2].
>
> I hope this will be done *fast*, because I have to "clean all"
> *everytime* checking for updates. Otherwise, no updates are shown, even
> though they exist. This is a major bug.

I'm sorry but "clean all" is not necessary at all!  "clean metadata" or
"clean expire-cache" should be sufficient.

That said, I sometimes do not understand what's the harm in getting
updates few hours later.  dnf already tells you how old the metadata is
when it starts, you can choose to get the latest metadata if it is too
old.  So what's the big deal?

--
Suvayu