which plugin to listen at some radio with firefox?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jul 22 10:34:20 UTC 2015

On 19/07/15 19:52, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 19/07/15 15:13, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> from a quick network check, you can see they're using MP3 for the audio
>> stream. So you may want to install that codec. Personally, I just
>> installed Fedy a while ago and then the multimedia codecs.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Carlos.
>>

> Despite the FAQ that I quoted in my earlier post, I have no immediate
> trouble in playing music from this site, originally broadcast earlier
> today, in FF on a laptop running kubuntu trusty.  The Page Info shows an
> .mp3 audio file.
>
> During experiments playback seems to stop after 5 minutes.  I don't know
> if this will always happen.
>
> The only plugins shown are ShockwaveFlash and OpenH264
>
> John P

I'll come back on this, because things seem to have changed.  In SL7
yesterday PageInfo/Media showed an audio .mp3 file.  I clicked on 'save'
and got a playable .mp3 file that grew while FF was running and vanished
on exit.  Now I see a Jplayer.swf 'object' but no audio file.
The 'Inspect Element' Console display includes, for example:

Media resource
http://audio.scdn.arkena.com/11008/franceinter-midfi128.mp3 could not be
decoded.
Media resource
http://audiots.scdn.arkena.com/11591/franceinter-midfi128TS.mp3?date=10:05:00
could not be decoded.
Media resource
http://www.franceinter.fr/sites/default/files/sons/2015/07/s30/net-fi-f81756e9-dbad-4fb1-ae0e-cc51bf358527.mp3
could not be decoded.

and

Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //#
instead.

I suspect that some kind of DRM might be in play now.  kubuntu still plays.

John