Automatic Bug Reporting Tool

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jul 22 17:19:18 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 10:56 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> As a plea to users of Fedora:
>
> If you get notifications from ABRT, the Automatic Bug Reporting Tool,
> please spend a bit of time on submitting the _complete_ report instead
> of only enabling shortened reports. Sometimes the shortened reports
> may be interesting, but in enough cases they are useless.
FWIW: I once more experienced abrt to send report without user consent.

This is completely inacceptable, these days - I therefore decided to
pull the plug and uninstalled it on all of my systems. I recommend
everybody doing the same, who is concerned about data privacy.

(No, I don't have a reproducer. These incidents happened several times
at occasions since I have installed f22).

> Also please don't forget entering a minimum of details, such as whether
> the problem/crash is reproducible and how often it can be reproduced,
> and how to reproduce it.
Well, you should start think about the causes - IMO, these are very
obvious: Abrt's GUI non-suiteable for ordinary users.

Ralf