Thank God for yum-deprecated :-)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 22 21:08:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 04:22:13 -0400,
  Radek Holy <rholy at redhat.com> wrote:
>The most precise description is that it sets the SOLVER_FLAG_ALLOW_UNINSTALL flag which is described here: https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/blob/master/doc/libsolv-bindings.txt#L2024

I looked through that and it isn't easy to understand, but I have a theory
what might be happening that I test after the next set of rawhide updates
with a soname bump that does cover anything.

My theory is that since I am not listing any specific packages to update,
it is acting as an upgrade all packages and locking in all installed
packages and in effect making --allowerasing moot. My plan is when I see
a warning about a case of interest is to then try to specifically update
the library with --allowerasing and see what happens.