dnf update vs Software Udpates

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:52:16 UTC 2015

On 07/22/2015 04:07 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> I think this is where things go wrong.  OnBootSec handles powerdowns,
> what about intermittent connections?  In principle, it is quite possible
> everytime the timer triggers the makecache service, the connection is
> absent.

Which shouldn't matter.  If no connection is available, metadata won't
get updated until you run an interactive command that forces a refresh.
Note that if you're on battery, makecache won't run, either.  This is a
convenience function to reduce the delay in running interactive
commands, and nothing more.