Authentication is required to refresh the system sources

Maurizio Marini maumar at datalogica.com
Thu Jul 23 15:11:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 23:03:51 +0800
Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 07/23/15 22:42, Maurizio Marini wrote:
> >> Well, all I can say is that I am running KDE-Plasma5 and have those
> >> versions of polkit installed on my system and I don't get any popups like
> >> you are getting.
> >>
> >> Where does the popup originate?  On the systray or elsewhere?
> > I dunno, this is the image, in attach
> > If it can be of help
> >

> I've never seen that...

me neither :(
yesterday evening it popupped for the first time...

> But the next time it happens, while the dialog is being displayed, maybe
> doing a ps and grepping on the PID as shown will give some info on the
> processes that are creating the message?

w/out waiting next time, here it is:

ps ax | grep 1331
 1331 ?        Ssl   17:19 /usr/libexec/packagekitd

I should investigate on packagekit and gather infos
but I'm too busy at the moment
I will inser root pwd every hour
I have removed "Sofware update" from panel w/out any change
it still popup