fedup 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> Plasma closed unexpectedly

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 26 02:01:03 UTC 2015

On 07/26/15 09:51, Rich Emberson wrote:
> X starts but there is no mouse control (pointer on screen
> but the mouse does not move it) and after a minute or
> less I get an widget stating that the Plasma desktop
> closed unexpectedly.
>
> I have to login from another machine to do a reboot.

You're a KDE user and quite a bit has changed.  One question and one suggestion....

Q.  Just for information...  Are you using kdm or sddm as your display manager?

Suggestion....

After reboot, login from a different machine and create a fresh user.  Then login as that new user to see if you have the same issue.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere