chromecast: Fedora vs Windows

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:37:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 13:43 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Sadly, I find that chromecast (under google chrome) performs much
> better
> under Windows 7 than under Fedora-22 (on the same laptop).
> Under Fedora the reception is very jumpy.
> Admittedly this is with a rather low - 6.5Mb/s - internet speed.
>
> I wonder if this is a common experience?

Doing what exactly? AFAIK Chromecast connects directly to the Internet
for supported applications (e.g. Netflix), so the OS on your computer
shouldn't be an issue. If you mean sending web video from your desktop
then of course that's a different matter, but there are a lot of
variables (browser, codec support etc.) that aren't related to
Chromecast.

poc