Update 20 -> 22, failure

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Tue Jul 28 09:49:26 UTC 2015

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 11:36 AM
> From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt at gmail.com>
> To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: Re: Update 20 -> 22, failure
>
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:38:27 +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > After I upgraded from fedora 20 to 22, I cannot start the machine
> > in graphics mode.
> > in level 6, I get:
> > A start job is running for sendmail Mail Transport Agent
> > A start job is running for Plymouth Boot Screen to Quit
> >

> > or in level 3,
> > after login, I run startx
> > the machine is stocked.
> >
> > In any case, I have to restart the machine by unplugging.
> >
> > How do I troubleshoot ?
>
> Nowadays, trouble-shooting often starts with booting a Fedora 22
> Live image (from USB or DVD) to see whether that works, at least.
> Beyond that, details, details, more details! Trouble-shooting
> involves collecting data, such as the hardware specs, log files
> and error messages.
> --
Tell me what you need.
I have the log message file (but very long!)
Inspiron 9400 Dell Intell x86 2 processors
Video: nVidia Geforce Go

I already tried 2 live DVDs, but all fails too.

Thank.