[SOLVED] Re: Blinking wifi light - Intel Pro Dell Wireless WIFI 3945 card in Dell D630 Laptop

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 28 15:13:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:13:58AM -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> >Have you tried a piece of black tape? :)
> I was stuck trying to decide whether to use duct, masking,
> electrical, or teflon tape.

When in doubt, try gaffer tape. All those others leave a sticky
residue. :)

> The following two resources helped:
> http://www.tomdesair.com/blog/2012/04/stop-the-blinking-wireless-led-in-linux/
[...]
> Reasoning: the Intel WiFi card is a 3945. Based on that, it uses the
> iwlegacy driver.
> That got me home.

Ah, nice. In reading this thread, I was remembering that my laptop
(Thinkpad X230) used to have a very blinky light, but now (kernel
4.1.2-200) it is steady on -- even though led_mode is 0. For whatever
that's worth.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>