FAIL: Thunderbird: Replying to thread

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Wed Jul 29 06:31:57 UTC 2015

On 29.07.2015, Greg Woods wrote:

> Stop right there. This unfortunately sounds like a well-known Google-ism.
> If you send mail to a mailing list that you are on, it does not put the
> message in your Inbox.

Though I'm not a Thunderbird user, I wonder why it shouldn't be able
to store a copy of your mail in the INBOX folder. I mean Thunderbird,
not Google.

After all, IMAP is nothing more than a bunch of directories. Maybe I'm
missing something..

Mutt, which is what I'm using, allows specifying where I want to have
my sent emails stored ("set record"), maybe Thunderbird can do the
same?

Another part of the problem may be that you haven't sorted your
listmail into seperate folders. This being the case, your email will
be sorted correctly when returned by the listserver..