Update 20 -> 22, failure

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:42:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:08:00 +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> > For trouble-shooting Plymouth try booting without "rhgb quiet" boot
> > parameters. You can remove them inside the GRUB boot menu.
>
> I never run with rhgb and quiet option
> In level 6, it starts Plymouth and stay stocked for ever

Again, that's a very poor problem description.

> now: it is:
> [   970.950] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.0.4-301.fc22.i686+PAE root=/dev/mapper/VolGrpSys0-root ro vconsole.keymap=fr rd.dm=0 rd.md=0 rd.luks=0 vconsole.font=latarcyrheb-sun16 rd.lvm.lv=VolGrpSys0/root LANG=en_US.UTF-8 3

I take it you haven't tried booting with enforcing=0 yet?

After two days of facing boot problems, many a user would reinstall
and hope for the best.

Trouble-shooting, on the other hand, requires much more activity and
interest in attempts at figuring out what the problem might be. Your
kernel is not the latest either. It should be possible to update from
run-level 3, minimum interest provided. You couldinstall a basic window
manager such as Openbox to test how much X will work. Only GNOME's "Oh no!"
message is not helpful at all, unfortunately.