installing Fedora 21 or 22 on a MacBook Air 7,1

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Wed Jul 29 12:13:39 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 07:01 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:41:04PM +0700, Frederic Muller wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have been struggling installing Fedora on a friend's MBA as the local
>> SSD doesn't seem to be recognized. I found a few posts online with
>> various degrees of luck, unfortunately they never mentioned with MBA is
>> used and that didn't work for me.
>
> I'm not a Mac user, but knowing what you tried might give others some
> ideas what you could try.

Well unfortunately there is not much thing to try as the disk is simply
invisible. So I have tried a lot of web searches for one ;-) and also
other distro install with even less success (screen simply didn't even
display text, so I couldn't get very far - maybe that was a problem with
the intel HD graphics 6000 drivers?).

And so to directly answer your question:
1. create USB key to boot from
2. Boot from EFI disk
3. Try to find the disk when ask to chose a disk to install: and here it
only sees the USB key.

Thank you for the follow up.. i feel so :-/

Fred