FAIL: Thunderbird: Replying to thread

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 29 17:30:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com> wrote:

> The reply _is_ in the inbox of
> the gmail account, but without the "Unread" flag

It's more than that. I use the web interface for Gmail, and messages from
myself are not in the Inbox AT ALL, it just goes into the archive (All
Mail).  Curiously, if I explicitly Cc: myself, then it does go to Inbox.

I get around it the same way Ed does, but explicitly labeling mailing list
mail. In that case, the new messages from me are not marked unread and do
get the label for the mailing list.

The original point was, this is a "feature" of Gmail, not of the Fedora
users list.

--Greg