installing Fedora 21 or 22 on a MacBook Air 7,1

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Thu Jul 30 02:15:33 UTC 2015

On 07/30/2015 09:00 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Frederic Muller <fred at cm17.com> wrote:
>
>> On a sidenote livecd-to-disk didn't work as the MBA didn't see the
>> stick. dd however did work and booted.
>
> Those seem contradictory. The stick is a block device. In order for dd
> to use it, it had to show up the same as for livecd-iso-to-disk.
>

>> Gparted however saw a 16GB stick
>> instead of 4GB.
>
> Sounds suspiciously like counterfeit flash.

So I formatted afterwards because I used the flash for something else
and it showed a hpfs+ partition (using dd). I need to have a look at the
livecd gparted view (which is then 4GB - but I think it is very
different) but I was also very surprised by the whole stuff. Gparted
stated that their was a problem with the block size (IIRC) which was 512
at one place and 2048 at another place...

Fred