keyboard

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jul 30 22:50:31 UTC 2015

On 07/31/15 06:46, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/31/15 05:47, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> In fedora 22, where can I say to start the first graphics screen
>> (login) to load the right keyboard?
>> It is set properly in Setting > Region & Language > Input Screen
>> Every time that I logout out, it return to the wrong keyboard.
>> Is it something to set in grub?
>>
>> In Fedora 20, this was OK.
> I don't use GNOME either.  But, I do use google...
>
> Instead of "Setting > Region & Language > Input Screen" a simple google search seems to indicate what you want is...
>
> Settings > Keyboard > Input Sources > Login Screen

Ahhh....  cat hit send before I finished....

Others have said that doesn't work and they have have had to place something similar to

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

In the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere