Mounting exfat usb stick

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 31 02:38:20 UTC 2015

On 07/30/15 20:16, jd1008 wrote:
<>

> So I tried as root, and it mounted OK:
> mount | grep sdc1
> /dev/sdc1 on /sdc1 type fuseblk
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=508,group_id=508,allow_other,blksize=4096)
>

> then as root I tried to copy a file to /sdc1:
>
> # cp rpms.list /sdc1/
> cp: cannot create regular file ‘/sdc1/rpms.list’: No such file or directory
>

> So, what else need I do so that regular users can mount and write to usb
> sticks that are formatted as exfat FS?

do not have an answer for your question, but i do have a question about
what you show above.

you show "/sdc1/" in command, while your 'mount"grep' shows "/dev/sdc1".
are you working in "/dev" directory?

with command "# cp rpms.list /sdc1/", is "rpms.list" in current directory?

comment: when showing command lines, is best to 'drag and paste' than just
write a command line. sometimes it helps to show full command line prompt.

just asking and trying to understand. :-)

--

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.