distcc only builds locally when using rpmbuild

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Jun 1 00:05:44 UTC 2015

Sadly, no it doesn't.  As I wrote above:

> [options]"

rpmbuild uses the _smp_mflags macro to pass the -j parameter to make, and I
have it correctly configured to kick off ten parallel processes, to match
the maximum number of ten processes distcc is configured (4 local, 6
remote). Yet, despite the fact that a manual build distributes the compiles
correctly, with rpmbuild distcc throttles the number of concurrent parallel
jobs that it kicks off to four, and runs them locally.