Getting Fedora to recognize my Kindle

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 1 11:23:34 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 04:50 AM, Todor Petkov wrote:
> On 29/05/2015 09:56 PM, Todor Petkov wrote:
>>
>> I have similar problem after upgrading to F22. My Samsung Note3 is not
>> longer recognized, and I am using a cable, that worked before. I tried
>> with several other phones, no indication in dmegs.
>>
>> I think it's related to gvfs-mtp, and I will do more tests on Monday
>> to be sure - maybe boot from Fedora21 DVD or something like this.
>

> Update: When I plug a "normal" micro USB cable, the phone is not
> recognized. When I use the original USB cable, it's OK.
>
> I am pretty sure, that the phone worked with the normal USB cable
> before.

maybe 'original' cable is not standard. see link below.

try another device with normal cable.

if you have a volt/ohm meter, battery powered continuity checker,
battery/wire/lamp, check continuity of normal and 'original' usb cable.

pin outs for usb to micro connector;

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Pinouts

hth.

--

peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.