gdm busted?

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Jun 1 16:57:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 06/01/2015 08:50 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:
>       It seems that my GDM is hosed also; I see that both gdm and lightdm are installed (per fedup); how do I make the adjustment?
>
>       Thank you.
>
> http://ask.systutorials.com/524/how-to-replace-gdm-with-lightdm-on-fedora
>
> # yum install lightdm lightdm-gtk
>
> Then, disable gdm service and make the lightdm service be started by systemd
>
> # systemctl disable gdm.service
> # systemctl enable lightdm.service
>
> After rebooting your Fedora Linux, lightdm should be the dm.

Thank you.

This worked on my i686 Dell Inspiron 600m.

Is it then fair to assume that gdm is buggy? Both of my two other Fedora
machines use gdm (x64s). Since fedup worked (for the most part) on this
upgrade, should I be safe and flip to lightdm? Otherwise, I might have the
same problem - no login screen indicating a buggy gdm.

Thank you again.

Max
pyz at brama.com