I'm shocked, shocked!

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jun 2 05:20:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015, J.Witvliet at mindef.nl wrote:

> [...]

That is not a good enough excuse.
*By design*, Fedora is a high-turnover distribution.
Changing a naming scheme that security software relies on is a big deal.

I'd suggest two utilities.
One would record the current names and
their mac addresses in a plain text file.
The other would take such a file and update a configuration
file to associate the names and mac addresses.
The format of the file should remain constant between releases.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods